Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham
Amy Clapp is the Patient Liaison Officer for BBS Clinics at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham. Amy can provide support and information before, during and after appointments and can be contacted as follows:
Support Officer: Birmingham Service
QEH Clinics Team:
- Dr Lukas Foggensteiner: Consultant Nephrologist & Service Lead
- Dr Denise Williams: Consultant Clinical Geneticist
- Professor Jeremy Tomlinson: Consultant Endocrinologist
- Anne-Marie Walker: Clinical Psychologist
- Kelly Slater: Dietitian
- Sarah Borrows: Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Helen Palmer: Consultant Ophthalmologist
- Talia Treen: Eye Clinic Liaison Officer.
Your day at the clinic:
- Patients will each see approximately 6-7 clinicians within the Rare Disease Centre in the Heritage Building at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham and will also have appointments in the ophthalmology department.
- Clinics are held once a month on Fridays.
- Be prepared - the day can feel busy and long so bring healthy snacks and drinks to keep your energy levels up.
- A sandwich lunch is provided at the clinic; all dietary needs are catered for with advance notice.
- For information about travelling to The Heritage Building at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, click on this link.