Birmingham Children’s Hospital
Amy Clapp is the Patient Liaison Officer for BBS Clinics at Birmingham Children’s Hospital. Amy can provide support and information before, during and after appointments and can be contacted as follows:
Support Officer: Birmingham Service
BCH Clinics Team:
- Professor Tim Barrett: Professor of Paediatrics & Service Lead, BCH
- Dr Melanie Kershaw: Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist
- Dr Denise Williams: Consultant Clinical Geneticist
- Marie McGee: Transition Co-ordinator
- Paige Chana: Clinical Psychologist (Health in Mind)
- Catarina Leal: Dietitian
- Dr Asheeta Gupta, Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist
- John Ainsworth: Consultant Ophthalmologist
- Archana Kulkarni: Consultant Ophthalmologist
- Pete Eyre: Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Your day at the clinic:
- Patients and their families will each see approximately 6-7 clinicians within the Rare Disease Centre at Waterfall House and will also have appointments in the ophthalmology department.
- Clinics are held once a month on a Monday morning.
- Be prepared - the day can feel busy and long so organise healthy snacks, drinks and something to keep your child occupied to help the day pass easier.
- A sandwich lunch is provided at the clinic; all dietary needs are catered for with advance notice.
- There are indoor and outdoor play areas available so children can relax away from the consultations if needed. There is also a sensory room available.
- For information about travelling to Waterfall House at Birmingham Children’s Hospital, click on this link.