Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH), London
Angela Scudder is our Patient Liaison Officer for BBS Clinics at Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. Angela can provide support and information before, during and after appointments and can be contacted as follows:
Support Officer: London Service
GOSH Clinics Team:
- Professor Phil Beales, Professor of Medical and Molecular Genetics & Service Lead
- Dr Antonia Dastamani: Consultant Endocrinologist
- Dr Emma McGibbon: Clinical Psychologist
- Sarah Flack: Dietitian
- Dr Detlef Bockenhauer: Renal Consultant
- Nivi Behari: Speech and Language Therapist
- Kath Sparks: Clinical Nurse Specialist
Your day at the clinic:
- Patients and their families will each see approximately 6-7 clinicians within the Great Ormond Street Outpatients Department, located in the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine, to the left of the main Gt Ormond Street building.
- Clinics are held once a month on a Friday morning. The clinic is patient centric meaning all patients and their families will be allocated a room with the clinicians rotating around them.
- Patients will have an afternoon in the ophthalmology department of the main hospital building; this will take place either the day before the appointment (with accommodation provided) or patients will go to ophthalmology following their morning multi-disciplinary appointment.
- Be prepared - the day can feel busy and long so organise healthy snacks, drinks and something to keep your child occupied to help the day pass easier.
- A sandwich lunch is provided at the clinic; all dietary needs are catered for with advance notice.
- There is an indoor play area available so children can relax away from the consultations if needed.
- For information about travelling to Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, click on this link.